Teaser Tuesday: A Desperate Fortune, The Martian Chronicles, Don't Look Back, & Stray


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.


"Scottish history, in general?"

"Not much."

"Well now, my country has a complicated past. A group of tribes all trapped together by geography, who'd sooner stab each other in the back than build a nation," was his summary.

~ A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley, Kindle Location 225




"For God's sake, what are you doing?" shouted Garrett, rattling about. 

 "I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite. There!"

~ The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, pg. 178-179




I glanced down at where his hand wrapped around mine. How could such a simple touch feel sweet as sin?

~ Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout, pg. 60




Kneeling, I kept one eye on the alley, watching for a glimpse of the trespasser. This wasn't supposed to happen. In my entire twenty-three years, I'd never heard of a stray getting this far into our territory without being caught. It simply wasn't possible.

~ Stray by Rachel Vincent, pg. 10


Comments

  1. Lots of good selections on your blog today!
    My Tuesday post features The Beach House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing. Here's my teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-12n

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice! LOVED Don't Look Back and Stray! Hope you're all enjoying your reads!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness - you provided an array of teasers here! Do you generally read a number of books at one time? The one that particularly got my attention is The Martian Chronicles, which I read a long time ago and really enjoyed. What do you think of it? This is my offering this Tuesday https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/teaser-tuesday-24th-november/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have multiple reviewers writing for the blog so we often feature teasers from several different reads each week.

      Delete
  5. All of them are good. I like the ironic one best. Made me chuckle.

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/11/24/teaser-tuesdays-137-a-piece-of-you/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!