Teaser Tuesday: Transparent, Unravel Me, The Sweetest Dark, & Requiem


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Radiasure was invented as an antiradiation pill during the Cold War, and people popped it by the dozens in hopes of surviving a possible nuclear holocaust. About five years later, the mutations came. They weren't much at first. Most people didn't have anything close to invisibility or flying or telekinesis.

~ Transparent by Natalie Whipple, pg. 24 (ARC)




Loneliness is a strange sort of thing.

It creeps up on you, quiet and still, sits by your side in the dark, strokes your hair as you sleep. It wraps itself around your bones, squeezing so tight you almost can't breathe. It leaves lies in your heart, lies next to you at night, leaches the lights out from every corner. It's a constant companion, clasping your hand only to yank you down when you're struggling to stand up.

~ Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi, Kindle Location 1179




"Call me anything you like," I answered. pulling out my chair. "I certainly understand how someone with such an abnormally tiny head would struggle to remember even the most undemanding facts. It must be a burden for you."

There was a collective intake of breath. I reached for the platter of bacon and toast nearest me. My fingers trembled only a little as I picked up the silver serving tongs.

Bitch, snarled the beast in my heart, and it might have meant me.

~ The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe, pg. 52




"Please." To my horror, I find that I am almost crying. My throat is spasming; fear makes it hard to breathe. "Please let me go." Her fingers find my procedural scar. All at once, she seems to deflate. For a second, her eyes click into focus, and when she looks at me, I see the old Willow: smart and defiant and, now, in this moment, defeated. "Hana Tate," she says sadly. "They got you, too." Then she releases me, and I run.

~ Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver, pg. 87


Comments

  1. Love them all, but I especially loved Requim! I need a copy, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, awesome teasers all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice teases!! Haven't read these, hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers -- all books that are either in my TBR pile or on my wish list!

    Here's my teaser from SUDDENLY ROYAL by Nichole Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by the Nest everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!