Cover Crazy: Dearly, Departed


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms. The linky is currently hosted by Turning the Pages.

My review for Dearly, Departed went up yesterday and can be read here. As I mentioned in the review, I am in total cover lust with this one. It's just gorgeous. I love the coloring. Furthermore, I have a tiny obsession with old graveyards so the monuments peeking out from the background really excited me. They also are a great foreshadowing element for the book. The girl is stunning and fits the description of Nora really well; her clothes and parasol lend a bit of that Gothic Victorian feel that the prose conveys. The title font is also pretty awesome. This is a cover I would frame and hang on my wall without hesitation. What are your thoughts on this one?




Comments