Waiting on Wednesday: Bitterblue


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on....

Bitterblue
By: Kristin Cashore
Release Date: May 2012

This is a book I've been waiting for for literally years. I loved Graceling SO much that the time has dragged by waiting for this. Other fans of Kristin Cashore will feel the same, I am sure!  Early reports on Bitterblue have been fantastic, so I am really looking forward to digging into my ARC when it gets here... *stalks the mailbox* Check out the Reading Lark review on the 19th April. 

Info from Goodreads

Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is now queen of Monsea. But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisors, who have run things since Leck died, believe in a forward-thinking plan: Pardon all who committed terrible acts under Leck’s reign, and forget anything bad ever happened. But when Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle—disguised and alone—to walk the streets of her own city, she starts realizing that the kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year spell of a madman, and the only way to move forward is to revisit the past. 
Two thieves, who only steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck’s reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace that he hasn’t yet identified, holds a key to her heart.





Comments

  1. This sounds really cool. It makes me want to go read Graceling, which has been on my TBR pile too long. Waaay too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book does sound interesting. I will have to add it to my TBR shelf.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for Bitterblue! And at last it's not so far away! Great pick. Please check out my Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the version of the cover you posted on the left. I love it!

    I have Graceling on my shelf and I hope to be caught up on this series by the time this releases.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Addicted,

      The cover on the left is the UK cover. I did a feature a while ago for our Cover Crazy slot about how awesome the UK covers of Graceling and Fire were, so I added it in for a little variety this time! :)

      Here's a link to that feature: http://readinglark.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/cover-crazy-graceling-fire.html

      Delete
  5. New follower, I've pre-ordered my copy of Bitterblue and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival, great pick,here's mine

    http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. soooo i kinda have this sitting on my shelf!!!! i need to read the first two books also!!!!!!! sounds great though!
    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just finished reading it yesterday... I rate it better than Fire, but not as good as Graceling, and a fitting end to the trilogy. :)

    Don't forget to check back for the review on April 19th!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!