Book Boyfriend: Four



We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend this week is Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth.

If Darren Criss had dark blue eyes, he'd be perfect for my Four.


Appearance:
*his upper lip is spare, while his lower lip is full
*he has deep set, dark blue eyes
*he has long, slender fingers that seem fit for fine movement rather than fighting
*he is not overly tall, just tall enough for Tris to have to tilt her chin up to look at him.
*he is well-muscled
*he has several tattoos, but few people have seen them

Why he's my book boyfriend:
Four is incredibly brave, but doesn't jump into anything until he has completely thought it through. He is methodical in his assessment of potential danger, and once he believes he understands his obstacles, he proceeds to remove them. He recognizes a similar kind of strength in Tris, and instead of being intimidated by her independence and courage, he admires those qualities. He is fiercely protective of Tris, but acts on this in ways that don't detract from her sense of well-being. He lifts her up in ways that make her feel like she is standing on her own. That, to me, is the definition of being a supportive boyfriend. The lean, muscled body doesn't hurt, either.

Facts about Four:
*He's 18, two years older than Tris
*Four is a nickname. You'll have to read the book to find out his real name.
*Four is in charge of training transfer initiates, though he usually works with computers in the Control Room
*He was ranked first in his initiate class

Four quotes:
*"It would probably be wise to be careful around Four, I realize. He seemed placid on the platform, but something about that stillness makes me wary now." ~ Tris

*"He scares the hell out of me. It's that quiet voice he uses." ~ Christina

*"Who is he when he isn't Dauntless, isn't an instructor, isn't Four, isn't anything in particular? Whoever he is, I like him. . . He is not sweet or gentle or particularly kind. But he is smart and brave, and even thought he saved me, he treated me like I was strong. That is all I need to know." ~ Tris

*I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren't all that different." ~ Four


Comments

  1. He sounds interesting. I haven't read Divergent yet. I am just not into Dystopian as much as everyone else seems to be, but maybe I'll give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Four would be an awesome book boyfriend. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the same thing Paula! I am in love with Four (not to mention Divergent)! How about when his shirt was off? *fans herself profusely* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say "Am I the only person who hasn't read Divergent yet?" but A hasn't either. Whew! Its on my ever growing list. Great job, Paula, and awesome choice of model! He's yummy. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, Four. One of my favourite book boys of the year, I think. He just made Divergent even more awesome - and I LOVE Darren Criss too (though I don't think he matches my image of Four :P).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am IN LOVE with Darren Criss. I never really thought about him as Four, but now that you mention it I totally can! HOLY swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have great tast in book boyfriends! I love me some Four!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh perfect choice!!! Awesomeness! I looooved Four!

    The Bookish Brunette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!